George InnThe Square
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
A flag stoned bar with authentic timber beams and a log fire. Well behaved dogs are allowed in the bar area at the discretion of the staff. It has a dining room off the bar and a restaurant (King Charles Room with full waitress service). The George Inn has a half-timbered appearance, but the 16th century building is actually stone built and has a facing to give it the appearance of being timber-framed.
The original building dates from c.1580. The present facade dates from c.1920 and the inn was further modified in both the 19th and 20th centuries. In 1651 Charles II stayed here when he was fleeing after his defeat at the Battle of Worcester and the pub renamed from Talbot to George. Toilets require a 6 digit access code from bar staff