See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Recently reopened after lying dormant for over 7 years the pub has been lovingly refurbished by local investors. The Royal Oak started life as a tannery and one of the chimney stacks bears the date 1705 and it is known to have been in use as a tannery by 1707. Although the interior of the pub today is a far cry from the ale house in a former tannery, the exterior has barely changed since the building's construction in 1705. Note breakfast is served from 8 am daily also Saturday brunch 10 to 2.30.